Dermaplaning Treatment Specialist in Orlando FL
Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that removes dead skin and hair from your face. Discover the amazing benefits of dermaplaning at Naturally You Med Spa. Call us today or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 12139 S Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32836
Table of Contents:
For decades, the cosmetic industry has been looking for the perfect skin care treatment, and few come closer than dermaplaning. With the same idea as microdermabrasion, dermaplaning uses a sterile blade to scrape or plane off the top layer of dead skin cells. It also removes the fine facial hairs in the process. Countless dermaplaning procedures are performed every year.
Dermaplaning is a form of manual exfoliation. It is similar in theory to microdermabrasion, except it does not use suction or abrasive crystals. Instead, dermaplaning uses a sterile blade which is slowly moved along the skin at an angle. This motion essentially “shaves off” dead skin cells, revealing the healthy, new cells underneath. Dermaplaning will also temporarily remove the fine vellus hairs (or peach fuzz) from the face, leaving an even smoother surface. As dermaplaning exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells, at-home products can be more effective, the appearance of fine lines is reduced, the skin tone is more even, and acne breakouts associated with congested pores are significantly reduced.
There are many benefits that dermaplaning provides, including the following:
• Removes fine facial hairs, helping the skin look smoother and younger
• Brightens the skin and provides a noticeable glow
• Allows make-up to be applied more smoothly, eliminating blotches and uneven patches of skin
• Is a non-invasive procedure that does not harm or traumatize the skin in any way?
• Provides clear skin for people who have excess hair and breakouts
• No chemicals are used
• There is no downtime
• Can also increase the effectiveness of acne treatments
• Can reduce the size of the pores
• Helps to hide the appearance of wrinkles
• Renews complexion
• Deeper product penetration for serums and creams
• Smoother, more evenly toned skin
• Removes dead, pore-clogging skin
Although there is no downtime or recovery period associated with other treatments, as dermaplaning exfoliates the skin, it will be sensitive and vulnerable for a few days following treatment. In order to ensure your skin is properly taken care of, it is imperative to follow the aftercare advice provided by your dermaplaning specialist. Post-treatment guidelines may include the following:
• Avoid direct sun exposure for three days
• Avoid extreme heat for three days
• Do not use facial scrubs or other exfoliators for at least one week
• Avoid chlorine for one week, including pools and hot tubs
• Apply serums and moisturizers
• Use sunscreen
The aforementioned post-treatment care instructions are a general list of things to avoid that can cause damage to new skin. Your dermaplaning specialist may have additional guidelines for you to follow, such as specific products that should and should not be used.
How often you should get dermaplaning depends on several factors, including the natural rate of skin cell turn over, the area being treated and the extent of the damage being treated. For most people, dermaplaning may be performed once a month in order to continue to see the best results. For those with sensitive skin, it may be recommended to space the appointments six to eight weeks apart. The expert staff at Naturally You Med Spa will help you determine the right amount of time you should place between appointments.
If you or someone you love is looking to improve the appearance, texture and complexion of their skin without the use of chemicals or invasive procedures, come to Naturally You Med Spa for our dermaplaning treatment today! We can help you reach your aesthetic goals. Call us today to book an appointment. We look forward to serving you! We serve clients from Orlando FL, Maitland FL, Hiawassee FL, Orlovista FL, Oak Ridge FL, Conway FL, and Azalea Park FL.